MTK SP Multi Port Download Tool allows you to flash the scatter based firmware (rom) on your android devices. Here, on this page we are going to talk a bit about the tool and its features.
Features of MTK SP Multi Port Download Tool
It allows users to flash scatter-based firmware on their android devices (MediaTek devices). Open the tool, load the scatter file, and click flash to begin the flashing.
It allows you to format/delete the bootloader on your android device (be careful while formatting the bootloader, as it may cause a boot loop on your device).
Set Flashing Speed:
There are two options available, i.e., High Speed and Full Speed. The High Speed will give you quick flashing results over the full speed.
Detect your Device with or without Battery:
This is the best feature of the SP Multi Port Download Tool, as it allows you to AutoDetect your device With Battery and Without Battery.
It allows you to delete NVRAM backup data (only for RID), remove OTP lock, or you can perform OTP format.
Download SP Multi Port Download Tool
SP Multi Port Download Tool is compatible with all versions of Windows OS, including Windows XP to Windows 11 (x32 or x64 bit). If in case you were looking for the latest version of the tool, then use the following links to get it on the computer:
v3.2048: SP_MDT_v3.2048.zip – Latest
How to use SP Multiport Download Tool
Follow the steps below to learn how to flash stock rom using SP Multiport Download Tool (SP_MDT)
See the video tutorial below or @ https://youtu.be/yslH3ito2lQ
- Remove the battery from the phone and slot it back in without booting the phone (If the battery is inbuilt then simply switch if off)
- Launch SP Multiport Download tool
- Click on “Scatter file” by the left hand side
- In the window that pops up, navigate to select the scatter file for your phone model then click Open (scatter file is a text file with the word “scatter” in its name )
- You can change the flash settings at the right hand side [this is optional, in my case using HIGH SPEED threw out an error while trying to flash so i selected FULL SPEED]
- Click on Scan
- The tool will prompt to reset all selected comport, Click Yes
- Connect the switched off phone (with battery inside) to the PC via USB cord without holding any button
- You should see a green bar and a “Scan Success” message [This indicates the tool was able to successfully detected your device]
- Disconnect the phone
- Click on Start
- re-Connect the switched off phone (with battery inside) to the PC via USB cord without holding any button
- Wait while the tool flashes the ROM onto your device
- Once successful, you should see a “DL OK” and “PASS” message
- Disconnect the phone, remove the battery for 15 seconds (if removable), slot it back in then power up the phone
- Ensure to do a factory reset in recovery mode to clear any stuck at boot / bootloop errors
- SP Multiport Download tool can flash upto 16 devices simutaneously but best you keep it to a minimum of 8 devices. All devices connect must be compatible with the firmware you’re trying to flash
- SP Multiport Download tool can not be used to flash single files such as recovery.img for that, you must use SP flash tool
- Once SP Multiport Download tool has detected your device, avoid disconnecting till the task is complete as this might cause the phone to go dead
- If you accidentally interrupted flashing and the phone went dead, follow this guide to revive the phone
- SP Multiport Download tool requires a scatter file but not an internet connection. Scatter files are usually named something like MTxxxx_Android_scatter and are basically maps which contain addresses to which each file in your firmware should be flashed to.
- Do not mistake scatter file for firmware / stock rom / flash file. A firmware contains several files, scatter file is just one of them so do not format when you have only a scatter file
- Depending on the option you select in SP flash tool, you can flash with the battery inside the phone or removed (if removable). The default flash setting is with battery inside
- SP Multiport Download tool is for flashing only scatter format firmware. It will not flash an OTA update.zip (even though that contains a scatter file) or a custom rom in flashable zip format.
- Using a Miracle Box scatter file in SP flash tool might give an error. If your scatter file is from Miracle Box then use Miracle Box to flash. Scatter files made from other tools like Infinity Chinese Miracle 2, Wwr_MTK and NCK Pro box work fine
- If you can, backup your firmware before flashing with SP Multiport Download tool. While trying to flash an incompatible firmware should give you an error, you might be unlucky enough to successfully flash the firmware for the wrong variant, resulting in a bricked phone
- Avoid using a random scatter file (even though its for your chipset). Just because a scatter file is for your chipset doesn’t mean it contains the same partition info. Force-flashing with a wrong scatter file could result in an overlap error or corrupted partition table.
- If you do not wish to generate a Checksum file as requested by the tool then disable checksum under Option > DA Checksum > Disable Checksum